1. Plan Your Content Based On A Buyer Persona
The first step in setting up your content marketing strategy should be creating a buyer persona. The buyer persona is the profile that describes your ideal customer. Its main goal is to figure out what type of customers you want to target through your content.
2. Once you have created your buyer persona, you can start to create content based on their needs and interests. The content that you create should be useful and relevant to your ideal customer. If you are struggling to figure out what content your ideal customer might find interesting, you can always take cues from the brand’s competitors.
3. Create a Content Marketing Strategy Calendar
Once you have a better understanding of who your ideal customer is, you can start to create a content marketing strategy calendar. The calendar should include the key things that your brand will be focusing on throughout the upcoming year. This calendar should include key events that your ideal customer will be interested in, or topics they might want to learn more about.
4. Create a Blogging Schedule
The next step in your content marketing strategy is to create a blogging schedule. This blogging schedule should include the type of content that you want to create, and when you will be publishing it. The type of content you will be creating will heavily depend on your buyer persona. You should also take into consideration when your ideal customer will be most likely to read your content.
5. Create a Social Media Strategy
Social media is a great way to reach many of your ideal customers. A social media strategy should include the type of content you will be sharing on each platform, and how often you will be sharing it. It is also important to keep track of your progress so you know if any changes need to be made to your social media strategy.
6. Create a Video Strategy
Video is an increasingly popular content marketing strategy, and for good reason. Video is proven to increase engagement and conversions. The video strategy should include the type of video content you will be creating, and how much of your budget you plan on investing in video.
7. Create a Podcasting Strategy
Podcasting is another great way to reach your target audience. Podcasting can be a great way to build a relationship with your target audience, and to establish yourself as an industry leader. Your podcasting strategy should include the type of content you will be creating, and how often you will be releasing new episodes.